I've never written a review before, but feel I owe it to my fellow hungry brothers and sisters.Grubhub is most incompetent service we've ever experienced, pretty much ever.
A completely unorganized dispatch service with a very pretty website that we used for the first time tonight after a long work week -- just wanted a nice quiet dinner at home. We kept getting friendly updates that our order was going to be later and later. When the actual restaurant called us to say "your food's been ready for an hour and no driver has come to pick it up," we called Grubhub and got the worst runaround. I'm talking right up there with dealing with health insurance companies -- need we say more?
When we got a call from a Grubhub driver who thought he was calling the dispatcher and saying he wasn't sure if he should go to pick up the food or not -- we knew we may never see our dinner. We called Grubhub again to ask they comp our meal for all the hassle and delay, we were told the food was on its way. But it wasn't. Then we got put on hold to wait for a supervisor.
I think we listened to two Beethoven concertos. All the while, the friendly text messages... "A driver is headed your way with food: A story of dreams coming true". Finally, the rep picked up the phone.
Then disconnected the call. It was about then the driver finally arrived. Don't let this happen to you... P.S.
They tried to charge us extra fee for "special instructions" -- which were simply to let them know the building is a duplex, so look for the door to the right.Seriously?
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Grubhub Food Delivery
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I do not understand how i can fell comfortable calling whe this lady she says her name is gaudy aleman on costa rica takes photos on the call center...."
- "I was approached at my place of business by a pushy salesman with a woman. The guy claimed that the steaks were from a local farm ran by the woman..."
- "I ordered a box of chocolate dipped fruit for my dad and he sent me a picture of what he received and it looked like it had been thrown together..."
- "At Walmart on Fallbrook in Woodland Hills, Ca. I have to bag my own things as the checker just stands their. The check stand in the back is..."
- "I recently tried priceline.com to rent a car -- without success. No big deal. Subsequently I changed my mind and decided not to travel that week at all. Now, every couple..."
- "We bought 4 BendPak auto lifts. The city demanded we get a permit for them. The inspector from the L.A. Dept. of Bldg. and Safety refused to issue..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."
- "Store 6091 East 72nd Avenue, Commerce City, CO 80022 One of the wors places to by parts .stars all *** up day in 12/3/ 16 The kids the work there..."
- "Harry and David has gone down hill and I will never order from them again. I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears". These are NOT the Royal Riviera..."