I've never written a review before, but feel I owe it to my fellow hungry brothers and sisters.Grubhub is most incompetent service we've ever experienced, pretty much ever.
A completely unorganized dispatch service with a very pretty website that we used for the first time tonight after a long work week -- just wanted a nice quiet dinner at home. We kept getting friendly updates that our order was going to be later and later. When the actual restaurant called us to say "your food's been ready for an hour and no driver has come to pick it up," we called Grubhub and got the worst runaround. I'm talking right up there with dealing with health insurance companies -- need we say more?
When we got a call from a Grubhub driver who thought he was calling the dispatcher and saying he wasn't sure if he should go to pick up the food or not -- we knew we may never see our dinner. We called Grubhub again to ask they comp our meal for all the hassle and delay, we were told the food was on its way. But it wasn't. Then we got put on hold to wait for a supervisor.
I think we listened to two Beethoven concertos. All the while, the friendly text messages... "A driver is headed your way with food: A story of dreams coming true". Finally, the rep picked up the phone.
Then disconnected the call. It was about then the driver finally arrived. Don't let this happen to you... P.S.
They tried to charge us extra fee for "special instructions" -- which were simply to let them know the building is a duplex, so look for the door to the right.Seriously?
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Grubhub Food Delivery
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Not once but twice I received a gift of pears that were tragic to look at: black spots, scabbed skins (perhaps a plant disease), shriveled up - the second time..."
- "I was just about to pay for the shipping of my free 14 day trial of Peak Life Prostate and then I read the Terms on the ordering page, you..."
- "The worst business to deal with by catalog orders. We send them out every Christmas. Well this year we had some sent here to give out & were so dissatisfied..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "I was a legitimate member of LinkedIn with a profile for several years, however, during the past year, they have Illegally, Purposely and Deliberately Blocked My Account with NO HONEST..."
- "On Saturday, August 6, 2016, Google ganged up on me and Closed /Blocked my Very First Gmail Account which was called: [HOWARDPAULSHORE @GMAIL.COM] without Providing Me With A Legitimate, nor Honest..."
- "Automobile Club Of Southern California is a Fraud! Do Not Do Business With Them! I did sign up for their Services, however, since I did Not need their Services after all since..."