Turnaround Time

Update by user Nov 14

I hunted all over online and finally found found a few email addresses for GrubHub (everything from a complaints email listed on the Better Business Bureau site, to the corporate VP over customer service), and sent them my complaint.Most of the emails didn't bounce, which seems to indicate that those were at least working addresses.

After more than three weeks, I haven't gotten a response from anybody. The one positive bit of news: the authorized amount for my order was removed from my credit card before it was actually charged. GrubHub seems to be trying to swallow up as many competing companies as they can. I just found out that Seamless is part of GrubhHub, as is Delivered Dish, DiningIn, Restaurants on the Run, and now they've taken over Eat24.

But fortunately, I still have a few alternatives where I live when I want to get food delivered.I've had a few glitches with other delivery services, but nobody else has been this messed up!

Original review posted by user Oct 15

I placed an order through GrubHub's website on a Saturday at 11:37 pm.Their website said that it was past the restaurant's normal delivery hours, but it also said I was in luck, they were still taking orders.

Their website accepted my order, charged my credit card, and said we’d have our food by 12:45 or 12:55 pm. So we waited...and waited… The GrubHub website continued to say that they were working on our order, but it kept changing the delivery time. Finally, just before 1 am, I called their customer service number. I was told that the order wasn’t coming.

The restaurant had closed at 9 pm. The agent helpfully told me that they would open again in the morning at 9 am. When I asked, then why the *** did GrubHub accept my order? and charge my credit card for it??

she didn’t really have an answer, but she didn’t seem to see it as much of a problem. At 11:37 pm there were other places that really were open, that we could have ordered from and actually gotten food. At past 1 am, not so much. I order regularly from several different delivery services (Postmates, Bite Squad, Eat 24, Amazon Prime Now), and none of them have a problem keeping track of restaurant hours or turning down orders that can’t be filled.

It’s completely unacceptable and completely insane that GrubHub can’t do that. I looked for a way to contact them about this, but I haven’t seen very many companies that have made it so difficult. Their “Contact Us” page won’t accept messages of more than a sentence or two. An email address for their customer service is nowhere to be found.

Their call center employees are absolutely clueless and unable to fix problems like this.

Googling to find another way to reach them just brought up dozens of complaints from other pissed-off former customers…which perhaps explains why they don’t want to be reached.I'll starve before I'll ever order from GrubHub again (I might as well--I'll probably starve even if I do order from them).

Review about: Grubhub Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I liked: Deleting my account.

I didn't like: Poor cutomer service.

Had an Experience with Grubhub?

Comments