I've been sick so I've turned to grubhub/yelp for food. Initially my orders were fine, I received them at a timely manner (within the estimated time of arrival).

Then my orders started coming later and later. The first time I was waiting 15 minutes after the already 75 minute estimated time. The second time I did not receive my food at all. I was given a coupon as compensation so I decided to give it another try today.

My estimated time was 45-55 minutes, I contacted them at around 65 minutes asking where my food was. At that point, they said there was no driver assigned to my order yet and they were working on it. Once they were able to get a driver I was told they would get here in 10-15. After 25 minutes passed, I contacted them again, this time getting a different person by the name of Gaurav.

He read my message and just said "sorry that your food is running late, I have sent you a $10 free grub". With no explanation of why it was late, what was happening, and received a text saying that my order will be there in another hour and I got a promo code. So I messaged back asking if my order will take another hour, where he told me it would take another 30. At this point I was so fed up I asked if it was possible to cancel the order and receive a refund.

He answered this as "yup we can proceed with that" and I answered okay. After awhile I didn't receive an email about my cancelled order and he messaged asking if I needed anything else.

I asked why I haven't received a cancellation email, where he asks me "did you want to cancel your order?". I told him I already told him and he had already agreed and he says "sorry I was waiting for your approval"......when I had already said okay and asked him to cancel....wasn't that enough approval?

the customer service at grubhub was always very helpful, but today was terrible

Product or Service Mentioned: Grubhub Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments