Grubhub - Reneged on promise of gift-with-purchase (iTunes card)
Update added by user Jul 12
Original review posted by user Jul 11
I had the same experience. They clearly offered the iTunes gift card as a gift-with-purchase, reneged, and now they're claiming, after the fact, that it was actually a "sweepstakes".
Here's the exact text from the e-mail, including the fine print. Notice there is no mention whatsoever of a drawing, random selection, contest, or any similar concept:
"Turn the Taste back on with a $5 iTunes® code from us
We’ve missed you, and we’re not just saying that. To prove it, after you’ve placed your order, get a $5 iTunes® code and download something great.*
Enter code iTunes5 at checkout. ORDER NOW
* Qualifying Orders must be placed at grubhub.com or Grubhub’s iPad®, iPhone® or Android™ apps by July 7, 2016 using the codeITUNES5, with your Grubhub account associated with the email address at which you received this email. Qualifying Orders must not be cancelled. Subject to your compliance with all applicable terms, you can earn one (1) $5 iTunes gift card, which will be emailed to you within five (5) days of placing your Qualifying Order. Redemption of the gift card is subject to rules and restrictions, and it is not redeemable for cash, except in Grubhub’s sole discretion. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion."
Ridiculous. This is beyond deceptive marketing, this is fraud. Sure, it's only $5, but it's the principle. I only agreed to overpay for my food with the expectation of getting some of that money back. I'll definitely never use Grubhub again.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Being conned
- Being lied to
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "After two meetings and being hired my tattoo was noticed and job gone. I took time to memorize menu and passed menu test, no driving record check,no drug test, no..."
- "I do not understand how i can fell comfortable calling whe this lady she says her name is gaudy aleman on costa rica takes photos on the call center...."
- "Their customer service is HORRIBLE; and so is their food. They don't return phone calls or emails. I sent them several messages informing them I was canceling the Auto-renewal program..."
- "That same ***, Anthony Jerome, "AJ" Marik deleted 5 years of Biography work I did on a grave I found belonging to a Medal of Honor awardee with the help..."
- "I responded to a job posting for "DEI Marketing", only to discover that they are in fact a shell company of Bravo Home Entertainment. I guess too many people complained..."
- "Last summer we used deck over on our camp deck. When we went to check it in the spring there was peeling all over the deck. This deck has only..."
- "Disappointing service by Dynamite CLothing I placed an online order for 2 dresses on Nov 28,2016 and selected "2 day delivery" by paying $20 extra. Items were shipped on Nov..."
- "Well i find out today, 3 of the 4 refunds were made, but nit quite sure when theyll reach my bank!! As far as me NOT GETTING my mdse., i..."
- "Store 6091 East 72nd Avenue, Commerce City, CO 80022 One of the wors places to by parts .stars all *** up day in 12/3/ 16 The kids the work there..."