Update added by user Jul 12
Original review posted by user Jul 11
I had the same experience. They clearly offered the iTunes gift card as a gift-with-purchase, reneged, and now they're claiming, after the fact, that it was actually a "sweepstakes".
Here's the exact text from the e-mail, including the fine print. Notice there is no mention whatsoever of a drawing, random selection, contest, or any similar concept:
"Turn the Taste back on with a $5 iTunes® code from us
We’ve missed you, and we’re not just saying that. To prove it, after you’ve placed your order, get a $5 iTunes® code and download something great.*
Enter code iTunes5 at checkout. ORDER NOW
* Qualifying Orders must be placed at grubhub.com or Grubhub’s iPad®, iPhone® or Android™ apps by July 7, 2016 using the codeITUNES5, with your Grubhub account associated with the email address at which you received this email. Qualifying Orders must not be cancelled. Subject to your compliance with all applicable terms, you can earn one (1) $5 iTunes gift card, which will be emailed to you within five (5) days of placing your Qualifying Order. Redemption of the gift card is subject to rules and restrictions, and it is not redeemable for cash, except in Grubhub’s sole discretion. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion."
Ridiculous. This is beyond deceptive marketing, this is fraud. Sure, it's only $5, but it's the principle. I only agreed to overpay for my food with the expectation of getting some of that money back. I'll definitely never use Grubhub again.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Being conned
- Being lied to
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Door Dash made changes to their app due to ethical issues with the pricing. they were jacking up the prices of each item you selected. now they are separating these..."
- "Waited over two hours for delivery. The delivery guy argues that I didn't pay by card. I owed cash. Trying to run game. My food was cold and soggy. Even..."
- "It was back in August of this year (2015) when two of these guys showed up in our driveway driving a beat up blue Ford truck claiming they were out..."
- "Ordered Caesar salad from Wendy's this evening Main St Binghamton and lettuce was so nasty I had to throw it out. It's horrible that employees would actually serve this..."
- "I responded to a job posting for "DEI Marketing", only to discover that they are in fact a shell company of Bravo Home Entertainment. I guess too many people complained..."
- "That same ***, Anthony Jerome, "AJ" Marik deleted 5 years of Biography work I did on a grave I found belonging to a Medal of Honor awardee with the help..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."
- "A few week's ago, I purchased 2 my pillow standard queen, only one that is available at Bed Bath and Beyond. I purchased for our rv. I then..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."