Grubhub - Reneged on promise of gift-with-purchase (iTunes card)
Update added by user Jul 12, 2016
Original review posted by user Jul 11, 2016
I had the same experience. They clearly offered the iTunes gift card as a gift-with-purchase, reneged, and now they're claiming, after the fact, that it was actually a "sweepstakes".
Here's the exact text from the e-mail, including the fine print. Notice there is no mention whatsoever of a drawing, random selection, contest, or any similar concept:
"Turn the Taste back on with a $5 iTunes® code from us
We’ve missed you, and we’re not just saying that. To prove it, after you’ve placed your order, get a $5 iTunes® code and download something great.*
Enter code iTunes5 at checkout. ORDER NOW
* Qualifying Orders must be placed at grubhub.com or Grubhub’s iPad®, iPhone® or Android™ apps by July 7, 2016 using the codeITUNES5, with your Grubhub account associated with the email address at which you received this email. Qualifying Orders must not be cancelled. Subject to your compliance with all applicable terms, you can earn one (1) $5 iTunes gift card, which will be emailed to you within five (5) days of placing your Qualifying Order. Redemption of the gift card is subject to rules and restrictions, and it is not redeemable for cash, except in Grubhub’s sole discretion. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion."
Ridiculous. This is beyond deceptive marketing, this is fraud. Sure, it's only $5, but it's the principle. I only agreed to overpay for my food with the expectation of getting some of that money back. I'll definitely never use Grubhub again.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Being conned
- Being lied to
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hello, my name is Olivia Wilson and I want to post a review of one of the restaurants that are listed. If I could, I would give this place 0..."
- "I was just about to pay for the shipping of my free 14 day trial of Peak Life Prostate and then I read the Terms on the ordering page, you..."
- "Dayum, You fked up. Been in Business long? What would you have done if Hillary won? Big sign out front saying, If you voted Trump And try to eat here. we will spit..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "My local company purchased by Amerigas, my tank, my delivery invoices, and my bill stated to make checks out to Silsbee Propane the price per gallon goes up every delivery,..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "Anyone ever order from Ashton-Drake Galleries? Collectible dolls? Do they always take three days to post your order and never send order confirmation and do they always take 1½ to..."
- "I responded to a job posting for "DEI Marketing", only to discover that they are in fact a shell company of Bravo Home Entertainment. I guess too many people complained..."
- "Last summer we used deck over on our camp deck. When we went to check it in the spring there was peeling all over the deck. This deck has only..."