Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I was in a hotel and didn't have a car so I ordered dinner through GrubHub from Bob Evans.This was my first time using GrubHub.

My order was missing items, spoon for the soup, bread that came with the salad and the requested crackers. I called Bob Evans. They contacted GrubHub. GrubHub was unwilling to bring my missing items.

The manager at Bob Evans said to put the order through Grub Hub's website again and I won't be charged. I double checked that with GrubHub and they said I will be charged. I'm uncomfortable using my card a second time at this point. GrubHub gave me a $10.00 coupon so I could reorder.

I was OK but not happy with reordering just the soup and salad again however, the $10 coupon wasn't enough as I would still have to pay the difference and delivery fee again. They expected me to eat half my dinner now and half my dinner later. I called the restaurant back and ended up going back and forth between GrubHub and the restaurant for an hour while I watch my food get cold and old. When I called GrubHub the last time, I told them my food is now cold and old as it's been sitting for an hour now.

They asked if I had a microwave in my hotel room. I really don't want to warm up fries that have been sitting for an hour. Needless to say, after an hour of going back and forth and watching my food get cold, Bob Evans finally agreed to give me a refund. Bob Evans remade my order right away however, I couldn't get GrubHub to cooperate or give a coupon big enough to use on their website without paying more money to fix these mistakes so I couldn't reorder.

I won't ever again waste my time with GrubHub. They simply don't give a ***. I have this $10.00 coupon I'm never going use.

Your total has to be more than $10 before the website will allow you to place your order.I guess GrubHub expected me to pay the difference on top of what I already paid.

Review about: Grubhub Delivery Service.

I liked: I liked the idea of grubhub.

I didn't like: Poor customer service - long wait, Irresponsibility, Customer service experience, Unreliability.

Had an Experience with Grubhub?

Comments

In this case Bob Evans is to blame. Im a part time Grubhub driver, Bob Evans waits until you arrive and put a to go order on low priority. Ive sat and waited 45 minutes for an order.

to George W #1388321

I drive for Grubhub and this is Bob Evans fault not Grubhubs.Let me explain.

Bob Evans makes the order and bagged it. The GH driver just takes the bag to the customer. When you called GH they called Bob Evans and informed them of the missing items.

GH can't ask a driver to go and pick it up without paying the driver because we are independent contractors and that would be a violation of our contract.Bob Evans had the chance to pay the delivery fee but chose not to.